A modern library responsive to the dynamic user information needs and emerging provision platforms.
To professionally acquire, disseminate and preserve information and knowledge in support of the learning, teaching and research functions of the University and impact on the neighboring community.
- To acquire and provide access to information resources in all formats for teaching, learning, research and innovation.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining well qualified, experienced and dedicated professional library staff in the area of library and information sciences who will offer high quality services to the users of the library.
- Organizing the collection of library materials using internationally accepted standards to allow for easy retrieval.
- Create, maintain and preserve locally produced knowledge within PUEA and provide access anywhere and at any time.
- To preserve and conserve information resources for posterity.
- Selecting and acquiring up-to-date information resources in all formats that are relevant to the information needs of the university.
- Adopting information dissemination strategies through current awareness services and selective dissemination of information to ensure optimum utilization of available resource.
- Establishing, promoting and maintaining a wide range of services that will support the academic programmes of the University and encourage optimum exploitation of the resources in the library.
- Building the information literacy skills of its users continuously by conducting proper user education and instruction through a variety of methods in order to provide guidance to the library’s collection.
- Adopting technologies that will make information resources accessible to the University community in an efficient and effective manner.