Rules and Regulations
1. Library materials are only issued to persons using their own student identification card.
2. The user in whose name a library material is issued is solely responsible for returning the item. You should not use another person’s ID to borrow books.
3. Use bookmarks instead of folding book pages to mark coverage. Do not force a book to open fully as this breaks the spine.
4. The loan period for undergraduates is 14 days. ODeL Students and non-academic staff may borrow items for four weeks while academic staff may be loaned materials for three months.
4. Renewals are not permitted if there is a reserve on the material.
5. Short-loan materials may be checked out at closing time for overnight use. They must be returned before 8am the following morning (assuming the library is operating).
1. Silence should be strictly observed as a courtesy to other library users.
2. Food, drinks, wet umbrellas and any other materials that might damage library materials or property should not be brought to the library.
3. Stealing and attempting to steal library property is an offence. The offenders, if caught, will pay three times the cost of the material.
4. The University Librarian will suspend any user whose conduct in the library is rude or disorderly.
Fines and Damage to Library Materials or Property
1. Any borrower who fails to return or renew a long-loan material is charged a fine of 10 shillings per material per day.
2. Any borrower who fails to return a book on Reserve/ Short-loan collection or Africana at a stated time shall be charged a fine of Kshs 10 per material per hour.
3. Any user with overdue materials will not be allowed to borrow any additional materials until materials are returned and all fines are paid.
4. Users who lose or damage library materials will be required to pay the current price for the book and 15% administrative charges.